Thursday 6 June 2013

Bite the Bullet

Bite the bullet is an idom which means doing something you don't really want to do but you have to. This idom comes from a long time ago when people didn't have anesthetics but had to do a surgery, they would give the patient a lead bullet to bite on to distract him/her from the pain. 

A time when I had to bite the bullet was when I had to learn how to wear my contacts. I was so scared because my friend told me that it would be VERY uncomfortable. 

I was opening my eye WIDE but I still couldn't get it in! 

I was telling myself, get this thing in and don't keep mom waiting!, though I knew that she wouldn't mind. 

My whole body was on nervous mode, and I couldn't keep things straight. 

I was even talking to myself. Get. That. In.

 I was struggling to wear those contacts because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to take them off! I had to bite the bullet and finally, I managed to wear and take the contacts out properly.         

It was the worst thing ever but totally worth it. Was there a time you had to bite the bullet too?


No comments:

Post a Comment